Saturday, January 31, 2015

You Do Measure Up

Often times as a mother I feel as though I do not measure up. I find myself looking at others and thinking how they are so much further along in life than I am. They can handle more children than I can. They have more to offer their children than I do. They have an amazing career and I am a stay at home mom. All these doubts from Satan creep in and I am left feeling less than as a mother.

Do you ever have those thoughts? Always trying to keep up with “Tammy” in the playgroup that seems to have everything on top of being the picture perfect mother?

It’s all lies my friend.

You are right where you should be and where God wants you to be as a mother. God has something so amazing for you going on right now and if we let doubts of not measuring up continue to creep in, Satan robs us of a lot. We being to be so busy worrying about other mother’s and our own insecurities that we miss out on the precious little memories that are going on right now with our children.

You do not want or need to be like “Tammy” at the playgroup. You do not know what Tammy has going on behind closed doors, nor do you know the secret internal struggles Tammy deals with on a daily basis.

I know woman that have spent their entire lives going to college, working a high paying job all while longing to be stay at home mom’s to their children. Do not feel less than because society makes us think we should have or do certain things in life to measure up. We do not need to measure up to society, we need to measure up to the one who matters most. Right where you are, doing right what you are doing at this very season in your life sweet friend is right where He wants and needs you to be.

If I look back, I had a sweet single mom that worked hard, went to school and baked me plain Jane cupcakes for my birthday. She was far from a perfect mother but can I tell you something? She was present. That was the only thing that mattered to me and those plain Jane cupcakes, those were my absolute favorite that I asked her to bake me every single year until she passed and I was 25.

You do measure up. If we all measured up the same way as mother’s that would be pretty boring.


Enjoy this season in life wherever you are and know that God has something amazing in the works for you right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment