Monday, February 23, 2015

A Glimpse Into My Thoughts After Having Baby

Let’s be honest, having a baby is very overwhelming, especially your first. You are consumed with emotions, hormones and fears. You go from worrying about your sweet baby inside your stomach to worrying about them the minute they are delivered. Some of my thoughts after giving birth stay the same and others I am not prepared for. I don’t know if you can relate but here is a glimpse inside my first few thoughts after having my first child. Things escalated rather quickly as you are about to read…..

“I don’t hear his cry”
“Wait there it is, he’s ok, and sounds like his lungs are good.”
“Fingers and toes, does he have ten fingers and ten toes. Count them now!”
“Ok, they are all there.”
“Did I have a bowel movement while delivering and nobody told me? Oh my God, please no.”
“Who cares, so what if I did, they have probably seen it before.”
“Can I have him in my arms yet??”
“Look how perfect he is!! I dare someone to say he has a cone head!”
“Let me just take a peek at all that hair under his cap.”
“No hair, it’s ok, he won’t be bald forever right??”
“Wait, why does my stomach still look pregnant, they got everything out right??”
“Maybe they left something in there!”
“I can’t keep my eyes open.”
“No really, they weight one hundred pounds right now.”
“Just a little doze…oh my god how long was I out? Where am I?”
“So, what do we do now that he’s here?”
“Maybe he will sleep all through the night, he seems to be a really good sleeper right now.”
“I think I will get up and put my regular clothes on now.”
“Oh dear, why won’t my jeans fit past my big toe?”
“Please don’t tell me I still have to wear maternity clothes??”
“Wait, I don’t remember wearing underwear with holes all in them?”
“Did I just pee myself when I got up?”

“What is going on with my body??”

No comments:

Post a Comment