Monday, January 12, 2015

Open Apology to Fellow Mommy Bloggers

Dear Fellow Mommy Blogger,

I judged you. Harshly. Prior to becoming a mom, I would often laugh when I read the term Mommy Blogger listed for an occupation. I would wonder what in the world you could have to blog about that would be interesting daily. I was pretty sure your entire blog would be filled with random pictures of your children, you making perfect meals in cookie cutter shaped animals and posts about how hard life really is when you are a mom. 

Here I sit, now one of you and I am here because I in fact have so much to say about so many topics pertaining to motherhood. Especially the topic of mercy. Motherhood is hard. It's hard for the working moms and the stay at home moms. It's hard for the nursing mom and the bottle feeding mom. It's hard for the all natural mom and the not so natural mom. It's hard for the new mom and the seasoned mom. Not only is it hard, it's filled with guilt from the what if's, if only's and I should have's. This whole motherhood thing is not for the faint of heart.

I could write a book on all the times I have found it so easy to bestow mercy on others. When it comes to myself as a mother, I often forget to give it back. I allow the mistakes of the day to consume me at times. I carry them with me remembering all the things I did wrong for the day from not reading just one more book to the boys to making a boxed dinner instead of one from scratch. 

To you fellow mommy blogger, I apologize. I now realize that you have so much worth, you have so much to say and you are enough. Being a mommy blogger to me no longer means it's a blog from someone that has nothing more to talk about than the difficulty of nap time, it's so much more than that. It's about this journey that we are all walking together as mothers. Here to help remind each other that we are in fact important, that our jobs do matter and we do deserve to give ourselves mercy each and every day. 

Sincerely,

A Converted Mommy Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment